The Gro Controller is in the factory default state and ready to be configured.
To connect using Bluetooth:
- Once the unit is glowing green, open the Gro Connect App on your phone, click on the three line menu, then "Settings", then “Controller” and tap the “Reconnect Controller” button.
- Make sure your phone or device’s Bluetooth is turned on.
- The app will auto scan for your device.
- Select your device.
- Input your WiFi information. Note it takes 10 seconds for the app to scan surrounding WiFi signals.
To connect using Wi-Fi:
- Tap “Solid Green” on the Gro Connect App on the “Check Your Gro” screen. You’ll be brought to the “Connect via Wi-Fi” screen
- Use your phone's wifi controls to find and connect to the Gro Controller. It will have an SSID that looks like "Gro-XXX", where XXXX are four numbers and letters. Use the password "12flowers".
- Follow the steps on in the App for connecting the Gro Controller to your home WiFi network. Once you have provided the Gro Controller with your home WiFi credentials, the light will begin blinking green. Once it connects successfully to our servers, it will begin to pulsate green.
- At this point, the Gro Controller is in communication with our servers, but not yet registered. Change your phone from the Gro Controller's WiFi network, and reconnect to your home's Wi-Fi network.
- Use the pairing code to activate your Gro Controller. Look for the 6-digit pairing code sticker on the Gro Controller.
After successfully pairing, your Gro Controller's LED indicator will turn blue to indicate a successful connection.
Sometimes a Gro Controller needs to update its software. If the Gro Controller does not immediately switch to pulsating green, allow the Gro Controller 5 minutes or so to update, then unplug, wait 30 seconds, and try again.