Follow these steps to reset your Gro to factory defaults:
- Take off the faceplate but do not unplug the controller.
- There is a small hole for the reset pin. This hole is on the bottom next to the power plug. Using a paperclip bent out or a similar object, firmly press the button inside for 15 seconds. The Gro Controller will then go through a sequence of lights starting with purple and eventually ending with a solid green.
- Troubleshooting: If it does not end in a green light, then unplug your Gro for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. If it restarts and is still not green then repeat step 2.
Then follow these steps to connect your Gro (new or newly reset) to your home Wi-Fi network:
- Once the unit is glowing green, open the Gro Connect App on your phone, click on the three line menu, then "Settings", then “Controller” and tap the “Reconnect Controller” button.
- Make sure your phone or device’s Bluetooth is turned on
- Follow app pairing instructions and input your WiFi information. Note it takes 10 seconds for the app to scan surrounding WiFi signals.
- Replace the Gro Controller onto the mounting bracket.
Use this same process if:
- You just moved and took your Gro with you, and you have a new network name and password at your new place.
- You have just moved into a house that came with a Gro controller and want to connect to it for the first time. Instead of reconnecting your Gro, you will make a Gro account and connect for the first time after resetting your Gro.
- You have a new Internet service provider (ISP) or a new router.
A note if you are moving:
If you are moving out of your house and want to leave your Gro, then there is nothing you need to do. You may first turn off notifications and then delete your Gro app if you will not be using a new Gro at your new home.